Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

diptyque figuier candle


Diptyque Paris Figuier candle - Selfridges £40 (190g)

I gave in. I've been eyeing up these beauties for ages now. I first had a good old sniff when I was last in Liberty's before Christmas. My friend Alice diverted me when we saw the price. I then found some Selfridges vouchers hiding in a draw and I decided to treat myself! At first, I thought I wanted the Tubéreuse scented one, as that one's really nice too - but the one thing that put me off, was the slightly yellowy wax, I wanted a whiter one. Silly, I know.

So my second choice was the one I went for, Figuier. It's a sweet smell - being fig wood n' all. It's sweet, but fresh. There is something really attractive about the packaging, it has a really enchanting, naïvety about it. This brand has been around since 1963, and it looks like they're doing a nice job of sticking to their roots.

I don't intend to burn it any time soon. But hilariously, my boyfriend (after I told how much it was) said he'd light it the next I misbehave. Oh gewd.

(image - my own)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment