Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

American Apparel Matte Nail Polish

American Apparel Matte Top Coat - £9

If you haven't already noticed, I am a mega painted nails fan. I always have been - it brings me so much joy, for pretty much as long as I can remember. I love how versatile nail polishes and nail art has become, there is just so much to try out and have fun with!

I've been looking for a good matte top coat for a little while, as I had a cheap version a year or so ago, but wanted to try a different one. As soon as American Apparel bought their version out, I was on it. Mainly because of how sexy the packaging/pot was - let's be honest, that was the determining factor for me.
Anyway, it does the job a treat. It paints really nicely, and dries perfectly matte. Don't get freaked if it paints on shiny - wait a few seconds and will mattify (hmmm...not sure that's a word but hey) right before your eyes. This nail varnish works really well with a hi-shine black varnish too, you could paint matte cuticles or do shiny black polka dots over a matte black layer. Lots of fun to be had.

I used my AA Matte Top Coat to create this super fun "dalmatian doggy" style nail art. I painted two coats of white varnish, then used a Models Own X Wah Nails nail art pen in black to create the spots - finishing this eye-catching look off with a matte top coats - sets it off so nicely!

Chloe x

(images - my own)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment